YFSOL SRE (Strategic Real Estate)
Investing directly in property can be fraught with liquidity and scale challenges. Put simply imply, not being able to sell at the correct time, not having enough capital to invest and having all your bricks in one building, so to speak.
However, investing in property via a property fund can avoid these issues.
We have sourced fund managers who create added value to property investments by exploiting a particular business niche or sector of the overall market place.
For example, care homes, while not exciting are a proven added-value investment (this sector has worked well in our YFSOL 1 strategy), giving much more interesting returns than regular property.
The UK, in particular, has shown excellent growth in these particular sectors over recent years, In addition to the well documented continual surge in value of the London/SE England property market. Given this, the strategy is predominantly (but not exclusively) UK aligned to use the clear local expertise we already have available.
The initial strategy has nine underlying funds (all with an existing track record):
- Darwin UK Holiday Parks
- Victus Student accommodation throughout Europe
- Lucent Strategic development land in the UK
- Braemar UK Agricultural land
- Castel (AL) Supported living for the handicapped sector
- Montello Secured bridging finance
- North Row Global property indices with daily liquidity
- LAMP Distressed London property opportunities
- Montreux UK Care Homes